ASA publications, educational programs and training opportunities give advertisers access to tens of thousands of professionals who touch the lives of older adults and their families. And because of the diversity of ASA's membership, advertisers not only reach professionals who make recommendations or provide care to older consumers, but also attract the attention of leaders who influence public policy at the international, federal, regional and local levels.
As the country's largest association of professionals in the field of aging, ASA draws together influential administrators, direct service providers, researchers and educators throughout North America. Our members and subscribers represent a wide range of disciplines in the field of aging, and they come from diverse professional settings.
This policy statement applies to all advertising with ASA.
- The American Society on Aging reserves the right to refuse advertising that it deems offensive or otherwise inappropriate to the constituency that it represents, or for any other reason.
- Positioning of ads will be at ASA's discretion, although advertisers' preferences will be honored whenever possible.
- Publication of an advertisement does not constitute endorsement or approval by ASA of any product or service advertised or of any point of view, standard or opinion presented in the advertisement. ASA is not responsible for any claims made in advertisements appearing in its publications.
- The advertiser or advertising agency assumes liability for all ad content including representations made in text and illustrations. The advertiser and/or advertising agency agree to indemnify and hold ASA harmless from and against any loss, expense or other liability resulting from any suits for breach of warranty, negligence, product liability or misrepresentation, or any other claims or suits whatsoever that may arise from the publication of such advertisement.
- Other than the return of any advertising fee that the advertiser has paid, ASA is not liable if, for any reason, an advertisement is omitted from publication.
- By placing an order for an advertisement, the advertiser agrees to all the rates and conditions under which ASA sells advertising at the time of the order.
- If new art or copy for contract ads is not received by the art deadline, standing art or copy will be used.
- No cancellations will be accepted after the reservation deadline. Covers are non-cancellable. Advertisers who fail to notify the publisher of cancellation prior to the closing date will be required to pay the full price of the insertion.
- All orders must be prepaid by check or credit card unless a completed and approved credit application is on file for terms.
Advertisers who place their ads directly with ASA will receive a 15% discount when the same ad is placed in both Generations and Aging Today. If an advertising agency places the same ad in both publications, the maximum discount will be 20%.
Bona fide advertising agencies are entitled to a 15% commission.
To inquire about advertising with ASA, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org