2013 ASA Leadership Award honorees receive their awards at the opening general session of the Aging in America Conference.
Each year at the Aging in America Conference, ASA recognizes a number of individuals and organizations for their contributions to ASA, to the field of aging, and to older adults. Previous winners have included Harry R. Moody, PhD, Erlene Rosowsky, PsyD, Easter Seals, Gay & Lesbian Elder Housing's Comprehensive Housing Care Project, and many more.
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2013 ASA Leadership, Constituent Group and MindAlert Awards programs.
ASA Leadership Awards
ASA Award – Ken Dychtwald, Ph.D., Emeryville, CA
Gloria Cavanaugh Award for Excellence in Training and Education – The Oasis Institute, St. Louis, MO
Graduate Student Research Award – Jessica Taha, Ph.D., Miami, FL
These award winners were recognized at the following events:
- Tuesday, March 12, 4:00 PM, Opening General Session
- Tuesday, March 12, 7:00 PM, VIP Leadership Reception, by invitation only
ASA Constituent Group Awards
MHAN: Mental Health and Aging - Patrick Arbore, San Francisco, CA
- Wednesday, March 13, 9:30 AM, following the MHAN workshop Assessing Client Change in Diverse Settings
NOMA: Award for Excellence in Multicultural Aging - Hawai’i Healthy Aging Partnership, Hawaii
- Wednesday, March 13, 8:00 AM, during the NOMA program, Multicultural Aging: Building Bridges to Understand Differences
- Thursday, March 14, 6:30 PM at the NOMA Reception
FORSA: Forum on Religion and Spirituality in Aging – Fr. James P. Oberle, Ph.D., Irving, TX
- Thursday, March 14, 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM during the FORSA Program: The Spirit in Aging: Supporting the Spirituality of Aging in Diverse Settings
ASA - MetLife MindAlert Awards
MindAlert Award Early Stage Programs – New England Cognitive Center’s Mind Aerobics Cognitive Suite of Programs, Hartford, CT
MindAlert Award Lifelong Learning Programs – Spoon River College Retirees Leading Initiative, Canton, IL
MindAlert Award Programs for General Population – The BrainWorks Grandbuddies Program, South Bend, IN
- Wednesday, March 13, 8:30 AM, National Forum on Brain Health