The American Society on Aging (ASA), a professional membership association with more than 5,000 members, is the essential go-to resource to cultivate leadership and advocacy, advance knowledge, and strengthen the skills of our members and others who work with, and on behalf of, older adults. At ASA, we view the field of aging as diverse and highly skilled in the issues, policies and opportunities facing older adults, and we work together toward a shared purpose—to empower older adults to live their fullest life and pursue meaning every single day. Founded in 1954 as the Western Gerontological Society, the organization transformed into the American Society on Aging in the mid 1980’s and is an association of diverse individuals bound by a common goal: to support the commitment and enhance the knowledge and skills of those who seek to improve the quality of life of older adults and their families. The membership of ASA is multidisciplinary and inclusive of professionals who are concerned with the physical, emotional, social, economic and spiritual aspects of aging.
The American Society on Aging is recruiting for a President & CEO who can provide ASA with:
- Strategic, visionary and innovative leadership.
- The ability to plan, strategize and execute the vision of ASA.
- Core leadership skills to engage, inspire and lead staff and members.
- Dynamic and credible leadership on aging policy and advocacy.
- Business acumen and a strong ability to create and execute a strategy that results in sustained financial health of the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to connect with and support members, staff and the board of directors with the highest levels of transparency and integrity.
- Ability to inspire to action through their influence.
- Demonstrated experience in diversity, equity and inclusion programs and strategies.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- High level of emotional intelligence; proven professional judgment and maturity.
- Proven ability to establish credibility as a sector leader.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Strong skill in building partnerships and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Ability to develop high quality short and long-term business strategies.
- Exceptional business and fund development track record.
- Experience in oversight of budget, revenue and expense management resulting in a positive and growing bottom line.
- Experience overseeing business operations within an organization that produced results consistent with overall strategy and mission of the organization.
- Ability to meaningfully engage with members of ASA.
- Experience in formulating policy and implementing new strategies.
- Knowledge of marketing-communications and public relations principles, techniques and practices.
- Ability to promote ASA to local, regional, national and international constituencies.
- Passion for tech forward strategies to amplify ASA’s digital presence.
- Understanding of and passion for aging issues.
- Demonstrated experience in aging advocacy or other areas of advocacy.
- Experience in aging and community-based services.
- Experience in leading professional membership organizations.
A Passion for the Mission
The President & CEO will have a passion for the ASA mission and vision and a commitment to diverse communities and the people they serve. The President & CEO also will be an empathic, charismatic leader who treats others with respect, and will be an individual of unquestioned integrity, ethics and values who can be trusted without reservation. The President & CEO reports to the Board Chair and Executive Committee of ASA.
Location and Travel
While ASA’s office is located in San Francisco, consideration will also be given to candidates who reside outside the area. Substantial time traveling between San Francisco and Washington, DC is required.
Please submit cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. First review of submissions September 15, 2019. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ASA is an equal opportunity employer. ASA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ASA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. ASA encourages women, people of color, and LGBTQ people to apply.