Please keep the following payment and cancellation policies in mind when completing the registration process for ASA's Aging in America Conference. By completing a registration or submitting a registration order to our staff, you confirm your consent with these policies.
- Individual online registrations must be paid by credit card (no “pay later” online option is available).
- Individuals may register by fax or mail for an additional $25 processing fee. Phone registrations will be charged a $45 processing fee because of the time involved in manually inputting your registration data and processing the fee while you are on the phone with a customer service staff member.
- All fax and phone registration orders must include credit card payments to be processed. All mailed registration orders must include either credit card or a check payment to be processed.
- Group registrations with purchase orders are considered provisional until paid, at which point they will be confirmed.
- Unpaid balances are due within 30 days of invoice date, including group invoices. Registrations with unpaid balances beyond 30 days are subject to cancellation (individuals would need to re-register at the prevailing rate).
- A $50 fee is applied to balances for returned checks.
Cancellations and Refunds
- The conference registration fee will be non-refundable in the event of cancellation of the meeting due to circumstances beyond the control of ASA.
- Payments for optional events are non-refundable. Other refunds are issued in accordance with the refund schedule shown below.
- Transfers of registrations (substitutions), including those transferred to someone else onsite during the conference, are permitted for a $50 processing charge. A registration may only be transferred to one person, and the individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations (any balance due) associated with the substitution.
- Refunds will not be granted after February 17, 2020. No exceptions will be made.
- ASA regrets that refunds will not be given for no-shows.
- If you do not want to risk having to cancel your registration and forfeiting all or substantially all of your registration fees, you should plan to register on site at the higher onsite registration rates.
Written requests for refunds must be sent to the ASA Customer Service Department by fax to (415) 974-9600 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued no later than 45 days following the Aging in America Conference and will follow the schedule below.
For cancellation requests received:
- Before December 22, 2019: You will receive a 75% refund of your conference registration fee. (In lieu of a refund, substitutions are allowed for a $50 processing fee.)
- December 23, 2019–February 17, 2020: You will receive a 50% refund of your conference registration fee. (In lieu of a refund, substitutions are allowed for a $50 processing fee.)
- After February 17, 2020: No refunds will be issued for any reason. (In lieu of a refund, substitutions are allowed for a $50 processing fee.)
Disclaimer of Liability
ASA and its staff, board, and sponsors accept no liability for the acts of any suppliers to this Conference or for the safety of any attendee during and/or while in transit to or from this event. ASA reserves the right to cancel this function without liability. ASA reserves the right to admit and the right to exclude any person from the Conference, or refuse service to any attendee, at the sole discretion of ASA. Furthermore, ASA is under no obligation to provide an explanation for its actions, but may do so at its own discretion.
Release for Use of Photographs and Recordings
By registering as an attendee of the ASA Aging in America Conference, you hereby grant ASA the right and permission to use, publish and republish photographs, video or audio of you or images in which you may be included, in whole, part or composite, in any printed or electronic matter or media for any legal purpose; and to use your name in conjunction if ASA so chooses. By registering for the conference you discharge ASA from any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use of photographs, images or information.