Presented by Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, as part of their PD ExpertBriefings series.
*All Web Seminar times shown are Pacific Time. Please mark your calendar with your local time equivalent.
Do the older adults you serve experience difficulty with swallowing or maintaining dental health? These issues could be related to Parkinson’s disease. Get the facts and practical tips you need by joining PDF, Dr. Ciucci and Dr. Busch for a one-hour PD ExpertBriefing on the topic.
Participants in this web seminar will:
- Understand the potential swallowing difficulties related to Parkinson’s, including the onset, progression, and nature of these issues
- Discuss how common treatments for Parkinson’s (surgical, pharmacological and behavioral) may impact swallowing
- Learn common ways to evaluate and treat dysphagia, a swallowing disorder associated with Parkinson’s
- Understand the dental challenges caused by the oral and facial effects of Parkinson’s disease
- Explore practical ways to manage dental treatment in Parkinson’s and achieve a more effective home oral hygiene regime
|Michelle Ciucci, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Department of Surgery-Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, and a faculty member in the Neuroscience Training Program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW). Her research interests focus on the sensorimotor control of disease voice and swallowing and the neurobiology of disease with an emphasis on Parkinson’s.|
|Jane Busch, D.D.S., is a former practicing dentist and a fitness instructor in Cross Plains, WI, with a focus on Parkinson’s disease. She currently teaches fitness classes at UW Health Sports Medicine Fitness Center (where she instructs the Parkinson’s Exercise Program), Harbor Athletic Club, Cross Plains Parks & Recreation Department, and Madison School and Community Recreation Center.|
PLEASE NOTE: As this webinar is being hosted by the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, registration will be handled through their website.
Questions about registration? Call PDF at 800-457-6676
Questions about CEUs? Call ASA at 415-974-9628
Technical issues? Call NetBriefings at 866-225-1532