Part of the Virtual AiA20
Includes complimentary CEs
If you require ADA accommodation to participate in this web seminar, please contact us at your earliest convenience to make arrangements – email@example.com
Before Covid, survival for solo agers required having a community that supports them. It still does. The choice about how to live is key to a meaningful, connected existence. Learn about the variety of housing choices and how those options can contribute to overall happiness and well-being, especially for solo agers. Learn new ways older adults can build a healthy community while maintaining a watchful eye on how biases about age, culture and background limit the options.
Participants of this webinar will be able to:
- Identify five housing options conducive to creating community.
- Identify the ways housing choices can help solve the looming isolation crisis for older adults.
- Identify societal biases that inhibit community building for solo agers
- Explore personal biases about alternative housing choices
- Learn about new and less obvious ways to build community
Annamarie Pluhar, MDiv, Founder Sharing Housing, Inc.
Sara Zeff Geber, CRC, PhD, Owner and Founder LifeEncore