Online Courses Offered by the American Society on Aging and the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
The University of Southern California, home to the oldest and largest school of gerontology in the world, the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology, and ASA have joined forces to offer an opportunity (exclusively available to ASA members) to take online gerontology courses in a convenient, affordable and safe online format.
There are more than 46 million people ages 65 and older living in the U.S. today. Between 2020 and 2030 the number of older adults is projected to increase by almost 18 million. This means that by 2030, one in five people in the United States will be 65 years old and older. Do you understand this diverse and growing cohort? These 100 percent virtual courses will provide you with the information you need to address the needs of our aging population and ensure that everyone can age with dignity.
$500 per course for ASA members
Not a member of ASA? Join and register simultaneously for $750
- With four courses to choose from, these five-week programs will empower you with an increased understanding and awareness of the challenges and opportunities of our aging society, and provide valuable information that will help you in your work to better serve older adults.
- Earn 10 CE credits from select accreditation providers when you successfully complete a course for just $50 in addition to your tuition. Click here for more information.
- Upon successful completion of each course, you will also receive a certificate of completion from USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology and ASA.
Summer session for all classes: July 12 -- August 13, 2021
Continuing Education Credit
ASA/USC online courses are eligible for 10 CE Credits from the list of approved accreditation providers below. If your state or national accreditation provider is not listed, please verify with that provider or certifying association regarding acceptance of one of the providers listed below before applying for CE credits. Please check below for notes or exceptions related to providers.
- Alliant International University—Approved CE Sponsor of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider # CEP 2180)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers (Provider #1052)
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (Provider #100722)—ASA reports CE recipients directly to NCHEC, please do not mail your certificate to the approval body.
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners and International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
- Society of Certified Senior Advisors
Both elder mistreatment courses, Understanding Abuse and Neglect and Prevention of Abuse and Neglect are also approved for:
- CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs Professional Fiduciaries Bureau - California fiduciaries may submit a certificate of attendance (COA) for continuing education credit.
In order for CE credits to be issued, participants must pass the entire online course and complete the course evaluation, which will be verified by ASA Staff. The non-refundable $50 CE credit fee can be paid at time of registration.
Instructions on how to claim CE credits will be sent to participants within 30 days of course completion.