Justice & Equity
Innovation & Social Impact
Health & Well-being
Ageism & Culture
What to expect at On Aging 2023
Travel and Hotel Information
All conference activities will take place at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. You can book a room at our group rate: $209/night for a single or double (plus tax and occupancy fee) at the Hyatt Regency.
ASA has partnered with Dart Airport Transfers to offer a discounted rate for airport to hotel shuttle and private car services for ASA attendees. Receive a special discount rate when you book online using promo code, "ASA23".
Click here to visit your custom booking portal. Please be sure to book in advance.
Want ideas of what to do in Atlanta while you're in town for the conference? Check out this site with recommendations for events, restaurants, visitor resources, transportation, discounts and more!
The registration rate will be $595. However, there are many ways to save.
Pre-register by August 1, 2022: $425
Early Bird Rates Register between October 4-November 30: $525
Students/Retired Professionals: $495
Register between December 1-March 27: $595
Register between October 4-Decemember 16: $495
On Aging 2023 will be held in Atlanta. At this time, we are not planning to offer a virtual option.
In lieu of a refund, substitutions are allowed for a $50 processing fee.
Written requests for refunds must be sent to the ASA Customer Service Department by email to email@example.com. For cancellation requests received:
- Before December 1, 2022: You will receive 75% refund of your conference registration fee.
- December 2, 2022–February 1, 2023: You will receive 50% refund of your conference registration fee.
- After February 2, 2023: No refunds will be issued. If you receive a COVID-19 diagnosis within 2 weeks of the event or are exhibiting related symptoms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can work directly with you.
- The conference registration fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellation of the meeting due to circumstances beyond the control of ASA.
- Payments for optional events are non-refundable.
On Aging 2023 is an annual meeting of the ASA membership. As such, no one will be admitted to On Aging 2022 without a current ASA membership. Attendees are responsible for ensuring that their membership is kept up to date through March 27, 2023 to attend On Aging 2023.
You may renew your membership at the time of your On Aging 2023 registration purchase and it will be added to your current membership, ensuring that your membership doesn’t lapse. Alternatively, you may renew your membership when it comes up for renewal or you may choose to pay for your renewal on-site at On Aging 2023.
ASA can only accept in-person payments by credit card or check. Cash payments will not be accepted.
At the time of registration, you will be required to attest to the fact that you have received a full series or dosage of the COVID-19 vaccination. When you check-in at On Aging 2023, you will be required to show proof of vaccination to be admitted. Note that no one will be admitted without proof of vaccination.
Experts recommend taking a digital photograph of both sides of your personal vaccination record card. That photo can be stored in the photos area of your smartphone and be accessible wherever you need it. Below are some “app-based” alternatives to show proof of vaccination.
- If you are a user of the Clear platform for TSA Pre-Check, Clear now offers the option of creating a digital vaccine card. It’s secure, easy and takes just minutes. Learn more.
- VaccineCheck makes it easy for individuals to present their health status digitally, while maintaining privacy and security. Powered by Pinpoint and backed by more than 30 years of enterprise compliance technology and safety experience, VaccineCheck generates an authenticated digital version of a CDC vaccine card after verifying COVID-19 vaccine history. Learn more.
- Some states offer a vaccine passport app. We will accept these apps as proof as well.
ASA members can complete an On Aging 2023 application online at this link.
On Aging 2023, volunteer applications will close Friday, November 4th..
Yes, we do! The registration rate will be $595. However, there are many ways to save.
- Save $175 off the standrard registration rate when you pre-register by August 1, 2022 at a rate of $425.
- Save $70 off the standard registration rate when you register between October 4-November 30 at an Early Bird Rate of $525.
- Save $100 off the standard registration rate if you are a student or emerging professional for a rate of $495.
- Save $100 off if you are a presenter and register between October 4-December 16, 2022 for a rate of $495.
Conference sponsors encourage expanded coverage of issues in aging. Working members of the press such as reporters, editors, publishers, electronic media producers, columnists, bloggers and others who reach general or specialized audiences on a regular basis with news or analysis may request a media access pass by emailing email@example.com.
Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you submit credential requirements accurately. This will assist us in processing your registration request in a timely manner.
Those requesting a media pass may be asked to confirm their status with information as listed on the media outlet’s masthead or by sending links to published articles. Freelancers also may be asked to provide at least two links to published pieces issued in the previous year.
Or freelancers may provide an assignment letter or email from a media organization with the editor/producer’s contact information (telephone and email address) for verification.
News and information outlets must contain original news content above and beyond links, forums, troubleshooting tips and reader/viewer contributions. Applicants for a press registration must provide:
- An editorial title that is verifiable, or proof of an editorial assignment to cover the conference.
- A hard copy or link to a recent bylined article or audio/video story credited to you.
Online media must meet the following criteria:
- A website must post or update original aging-related news at least once a month.
- Website or e-news content must extend beyond links, forums, personal diaries, opinion, personal analysis or information about the publishing organization’s activities and programs.
- A blog must reflect current aging-related news that is posted on a daily or weekly basis.
- Provide a letter (on letterhead) from a publisher, editor or executive-level producer indicating that you are covering ASA’s On Aging 2023 conference for the media outlet.
- Email assignments will be considered if they include the assigning editor/producer’s email address and a link to the media outlet’s website.
- Freelancers without advance assignments will be considered on an individual basis, but should provide evidence of journalistic work previously produced or published in a subject area related to concerns in aging.
Please note: Conference presenters, marketing, advertising and public relations professionals, and academic or other non-journalistic book authors are not eligible for media badges, even if associated with a news organization.
ASA does not pay speaker fees for the On Aging 2023 conference. We are extremely grateful that all of our speakers donate their time to help us create a dynamic and exciting agenda for our attendees.
Stay tuned for more information. ASA offers a scholarship through our Keith Kuo Scholarship Fund and will release more information in the coming months.
We anticipate notifying presenters by September 26, 2022.
Now! All presenters must be registered by December 15 to receive the discounted presenter rate. Register here.
ASA will provide complimentary CEUs On Aging 2023. More information will be available in the coming months. We anticipate offering CEUs from the following partners:
- The National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM)
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners/International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP/ICCDP)
Drug and Alcohol Counselors
- California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC)
- California Department of Consumer Affairs Professional Fiduciaries Bureau (CAPFB)—Use Certificate of Attendance (COA)
Health Education Specialists
- Certified Health Education Specialists (NCHEC/CHES)
Mental Health Professionals/Social Workers
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- The California Board of Registered Nursing (CA-BRN)
- Alliant International University is an approved CEU Sponsor of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA)
Registration Terms & Conditions
- to waive any claim I may have against the American Society on Aging (ASA) and its staff or representatives for reliance on any information presented during On Aging 2023;
- that attendance at, or participation in, On Aging 2023 meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant for ASA’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, video, electronic/print reproductions, and audio of such events and activities;
- to release the ASA, its staff, elected officials, presenters, and any other individuals or entities associated with On Aging 2023 from any and all liability connected with my participation, as well as from any liability related to changes to the schedule, events or activities; and
- I am participating on my own choice and assume all risk in connection thereof, including from the contraction or spread of disease, such as, but not limited to, SARS-COV-19, and that in the event that a need for emergency medical service arises, I authorize and consent to such services being provided at my own expense. This agreement is binding on me and my successors and heirs.