April 11–14, 2022 | New Orleans, LA
Register Today for On Aging 2022 in New Orleans
Earn up to 22 CEUs at no additional cost!
Please note that ASA will require all attendees, speakers and exhibitors to be fully vaccinated. In addition to this requirement, we will also follow all requirements of the City of New Orleans and our host hotel the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. For more information, see the FAQs at the bottom of this page.
We invite you to New Orleans for the largest multidisciplinary conference on aging in the U.S.
Justice & Equity
Innovation & Social Impact
Health & Well-being
Ageism & Culture
Reconnect with each other throughout the conference at:
Resource Center featuring an Age Tech Pavilion, Health & Wellness Zone and Wealth Equity Zone
Job, Internship & Returnship Opportunities
Travel and Hotel Information
All conference activities will take place at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. You can book a room at our group rate through March 18, 2022: $229/night for a single or double (plus tax and occupancy fee, which are currently 14.45% and 1.75% Tourism Assessment plus $3.00 occupancy fee).
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
601 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70113
Main phone: (504) 561-1234
We are currently evaluating various options for a virtual experience. We know that there may be some members who are unable to travel, and we want to find a way to include you in On Aging 2022. Stay tuned for more information and we will share it as soon as possible.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
In lieu of a refund, substitutions are allowed for a $50 processing fee.
Written requests for refunds must be sent to the ASA Customer Service Department by fax to (415) 974-9600 or by email to email@example.com. For cancellation requests received:
- Before December 22, 2021: You will receive 75% refund of your conference registration fee.
- December 23, 2021–February 17, 2022: You will receive 50% refund of your conference registration fee.
- After February 17, 2022: No refunds will be issued. If you receive a COVID-19 diagnosis within 2 weeks of the event or are exhibiting related symptoms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can work directly with you.
- The conference registration fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellation of the meeting due to circumstances beyond the control of ASA.
- Payments for optional events are non-refundable.
On Aging 2022 is an annual meeting of the ASA membership. As such, no one will be admitted to On Aging 2022 without a current ASA membership. Attendees are responsible for ensuring that their membership is kept up to date through April 11, 2022, to attend On Aging 2022.
You may renew your membership at the time of your On Aging 2022 registration purchase and it will be added to your current membership, ensuring that your membership doesn’t lapse. Alternatively, you may renew your membership when it comes up for renewal or you may choose to pay for your renewal on-site at On Aging 2022.
ASA can only accept in-person payments by credit card or check. Cash payments will not be accepted.
All attendees and exhibitors will need to show proof of vaccination to attend On Aging 2022. ASA’s first priority in all meeting and event decisions is the safety and welfare of our attendees, exhibitors, partners and team members. To enable in-person events to take place with lower risk to participants, ASA is requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination for admittance to On Aging 2022.
This policy is based on science, the expertise of ASA’s Board of Directors and membership, guidance and recommendations issued by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. The COVID-19 vaccines approved by the FDA for emergency use authorization and the vaccines that the FDA has fully approved have been determined to be critical in reducing the community prevalence of COVID-19.
In addition to this requirement, we will also follow all requirements of the city of New Orleans and our host hotel the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. These will be kept updated here.
ASA will also require registrants to submit an attestation of vaccination form upon registering for this event.
Thank you for helping ASA do all that we can to keep On Aging 2022 safe for everyone.
At the time of registration, you will be required to attest to the fact that you have received a full series or dosage of the COVID-19 vaccination. When you check-in at On Aging 2022, you will be required to show proof of vaccination to be admitted. Note that no one will be admitted without proof of vaccination.
Experts recommend taking a digital photograph of both sides of your personal vaccination record card. That photo can be stored in the photos area of your smartphone and be accessible wherever you need it. Below are some “app-based” alternatives to show proof of vaccination.
- If you are a user of the Clear platform for TSA Pre-Check, Clear now offers the option of creating a digital vaccine card. It’s secure, easy and takes just minutes. Learn more.
- VaccineCheck makes it easy for individuals to present their health status digitally, while maintaining privacy and security. Powered by Pinpoint and backed by more than 30 years of enterprise compliance technology and safety experience, VaccineCheck generates an authenticated digital version of a CDC vaccine card after verifying COVID-19 vaccine history. Learn more.
- Some states offer a vaccine passport app. We will accept these apps as proof as well.
We encourage students or retired professionals who are ASA members to apply to volunteer at On Aging 2022. As a thank you for volunteering for one day, ASA offers 50 percent off of your registration to attend On Aging 2022. Apply by November 19 to receive 50 percent off the Early Bird Fee. If you apply November 20–February 29, you will receive 50 percent off our standard rate, and after March 1, you will receive 50 percent off our late registration rates (however, we cannot guarantee that we will still be accepting volunteers at that point).
When you complete the application, you can select your requested days and times for your volunteer hours. Please note that the cost of membership is separate from the cost of conference attendance, though they may be purchased together. There are many benefits of membership, including year-round programming and networking opportunities.
Paying for ASA membership all at once can be really difficult. We offer all members the ability to pay for their membership on a monthly basis. This can be done online at the time of purchase and costs as little as $8.33 per month for students and retired professionals. For assistance, email email@example.com. To access the monthly payment option, you must purchase the membership first and separate from your conference registration.
- Our Early Bird Rate was the most discounted rate and was available until November 19, 2021.
- Students and retired professional members received an additional $50 off the early bird rate if they registered before November 19, 2021.
- Students and retired professional members may volunteer at On Aging 2022 and receive 50 percent off the registration rate.
Conference sponsors encourage expanded coverage of issues in aging. Working members of the press such as reporters, editors, publishers, electronic media producers, columnists, bloggers and others who reach general or specialized audiences on a regular basis with news or analysis may request a media access pass by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you submit credential requirements accurately. This will assist us in processing your registration request in a timely manner.
Those requesting a media pass may be asked to confirm their status with information as listed on the media outlet’s masthead or by sending links to published articles. Freelancers also may be asked to provide at least two links to published pieces issued in the previous year.
Or freelancers may provide an assignment letter or email from a media organization with the editor/producer’s contact information (telephone and email address) for verification.
News and information outlets must contain original news content above and beyond links, forums, troubleshooting tips and reader/viewer contributions. Applicants for a press registration must provide:
- An editorial title that is verifiable, or proof of an editorial assignment to cover the conference.
- A hard copy or link to a recent bylined article or audio/video story credited to you.
Online media must meet the following criteria:
- A website must post or update original aging-related news at least once a month.
- Website or e-news content must extend beyond links, forums, personal diaries, opinion, personal analysis or information about the publishing organization’s activities and programs.
- A blog must reflect current aging-related news that is posted on a daily or weekly basis.
- Provide a letter (on letterhead) from a publisher, editor or executive-level producer indicating that you are covering ASA’s On Aging 2021 conference for the media outlet.
- Email assignments will be considered if they include the assigning editor/producer’s email address and a link to the media outlet’s website.
- Freelancers without advance assignments will be considered on an individual basis, but should provide evidence of journalistic work previously produced or published in a subject area related to concerns in aging.
Please note: Conference presenters, marketing, advertising and public relations professionals, and academic or other non-journalistic book authors are not eligible for media badges, even if associated with a news organization.
ASA does not pay speaker fees for the On Aging 2022 conference. We are extremely grateful that all of our speakers donate their time to help us create a dynamic and exciting agenda for our attendees.
As many of you know, this year, we lost a beloved staff member of ASA, Keith Kuo. In his memory, we have created a scholarship fund to deserving ASA members. A limited number of existing ASA members will receive a scholarship that may be used to cover the cost of On Aging 2022 registration, one year of ASA Membership, or travel and lodging while in New Orleans. There will be a limited number of scholarships available. The application process will be announced in ASA News (released weekly on Tuesdays via email) this winter.
Everyone who submitted a proposal to present at the 2022 On Aging conference has been sent an update on the status of that proposal. If you submitted a proposal but have not received an update, please make sure you’ve checked to see if the email we sent was blocked or diverted from your usual inbox. You may also contact us at email@example.com if you require further assistance. We will be reaching out again to those whose proposals have been accepted with more information in the coming weeks. It is now time to register for On Aging 2022. All presenters must be registered by January 15, 2022 to confirm their session in the program.
Now! You must be registered by January 15, 2022 to confirm your session in the program. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; if you require further assistance. The member presenter rate is $425.
We’d like to remind everyone that all speakers are required to 1) have an active ASA membership, and 2) create an account in our system before they can register for the conference. If you don’t already have an account with ASA, it is easy to create one now by following these steps:
- Visit our portal.
- Click on “Sign Up” in the top right of the menu area.
- Fill out a short contact information form.
- Provide a password.
- Click on “Create Account.”
Creating an account does not require any immediate financial transaction but it will greatly facilitate your ability to receive timely information concerning the status of the sessions in which you may participate. It will also allow you to register for the conference at the lowest possible rate should you confirm your participation and choose to attend as a presenter.
Once all sessions and speakers are confirmed, we will be applying to the following accrediting organizations to be able to provide CEUs to our attendees. We cannot guarantee the number of CEUs that each will agree to award or that all workshops will be approved by each of these options. We will update our attendees as we learn more.
- Alliant International University—Approved CEU Sponsor of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)—provider #3312
- California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors (Provider #4C-98-383-0222)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider # CEP 2180)
- California Department of Consumer Affairs Professional Fiduciaries Bureau accepts a certificate of attendance (COA) for the following topic areas: conservatorship, guardianship, trusts, DPOA, CA Court Systems, and ethics.
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers (Provider #1052)
- National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886341369)
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (Provider #100722). ASA reports CE recipients directly to NCHEC. Please, do not mail your certificate to the approval body.
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners and International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
- Society of Certified Senior Advisors
- Certificate of Attendance (documents attendance but does not confer credit).