Presented by Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF), as part of their PD ExpertBriefings series
Includes complimentary CEUs
Can you spot the warning signs of apathy and depression? Do you know the difference between the two? Learn about these commonly misunderstood Parkinson’s Disease (PD) symptoms by joining a one-hour online seminar led by PDF and Dawn Bowers.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Understand apathy: what it is, what it is not and how it has a significant impact on the lives of people with Parkinson’s and their care partners;
- Describe how apathy differs from depression;
- Discover why some treatments for depression can worsen apathy;
- List recent scientific research that points to differences in the brain in those that experience depression versus apathy; and,
- Gain an understanding of the evidence-based approaches to easing apathy in Parkinson’s disease.
Dawn Bowers, Ph.D., is professor of Neuropsychology at the University of Florida and director of the Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory at the McKnight Brain Institute in Gainesville, Fla. She is also neuropsychology director for the University of Florida’s Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration.