The Annual Conference of the American Society on Aging
April 6-15, 2021 | A Virtual Event
On Aging 2021 Poster Presenter Instruction Guide
How to access the On Aging 2021 platform
Please use Chrome or Firefox browsers, as the platform will not work on Internet Explorer.
If you have previously logged into the ASA or Generations website(s), please use that same login information to log into On Aging 2021.
If you did not previously have an ASA account, one has been set up for you, and you should have received log-in information with your conference registration materials.
If you have forgotten your password or have never previously logged into the ASA website, you can reset your password by clicking the link on the login screen. If you need further assistance, call 1-800-537-9728 or email email@example.com.
Watch the video, below or scroll down for instructions for your poster presentation, setting up your profile, attending sessions, networking and more during On Aging 2021.
How to update your speaker profile:
When you first log in you will be prompted to update your profile. This helps other conference attendees to connect with you. Upload your picture and fill in the fields to help others identify who you are and what you do.
Please review the poster sessions assigned to you.
Once your profile is complete you will be able to update your poster sessions with additional information for attendees.
Information Booth: Your home screen, where you will go to get an overview of what is happening at the conference.
Public Circle: This is where you will find the Main Stage (where morning announcements will be broadcast), the Zoom Fatigue Break videos, and our Water Cooler Social Chatter Wall.
My Schedule: All of the sessions you have enrolled in.
Sessions: View and search all available sessions to enroll in them.
Exhibit Hall: Visit our exhibitors to connect, network, and get resources.
Sponsors: Connect with our sponsors.
Speakers: Speaker profiles. You can connect with speakers here. Claiming CEUs: Instructions to claim CEUs for session participation.
How to update poster information
You can find your poster sessions through the “My Schedule” tab in the navigation bar. (Click here to review the Overview of Navigation.)
While you cannot change the session description or title, you can upload additional resources and content for attendees. You can upload files in the following formats: .doc, .ppt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .mp4, .xlsx.
To do so, click “Add Attachment,” upload your content and click “Update.”
You can record yourself presenting your poster and upload the video as an mp4 file.
The deadline for uploading additional content is April 1. If any information in the title or description is incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to connect with attendees and how attendees can chat with speakers
- Attendees can ask questions and chat with you about your poster using the chat feature in the session module.
- To connect with other attendees, click on the “Information Booth” tab in the navigation bar. (Click here to review the Overview of Navigation.)
- Click on the “Go to Network” button on the right side of your main page.
- Here you can search and connect with other attendees as well as see who has requested to connect with you.
- To connect with another attendee, click their profile, and then click “Connect.” This action will send them a connection request. Once they have approved your request their profile will show up in “My Connections” in the navigation tabs.
- To connect with another speaker, simply click on the “Speaker” tab in the navigation and follow the same instructions as above. You can also connect with our sponsors by clicking on the “Sponsors” tab.
Note: The My Connections tab will only appear if you have made a connection.
How to find and register for a session
- Click on the Sessions tab.
- Select “Date/Time in my local time zone” to view the sessions listed according to your time zone.
- To see all the sessions available throughout the conference, click on “All.”
- You can also view sessions by date by selecting the date tabs.
- Use the search bar to search for a specific session. You can also select different Topics (Format, Constituency Group or Covid-19) using the dropdown menu to see sessions organized by those topics.
- Once the Topics button has been engaged you’re given another choice of Select Categories, which includes the On Aging 2021 workshop tracks: Ageism & Culture; Economic Security; Health & Well-being; Innovation & Social Impact and Justice & Equity. If you click on one of these tracks it will ask you to Add Category, which further limits the search.
- Click “View” to learn more about the session, its speakers and to enroll.
- You must enroll in a session to be able to watch it. Once enrolled in a session you will be able to view and download any PowerPoint slides or other presentation materials provided by the speaker.
We recommend enrolling in sessions ahead of time to receive a daily overview of sessions you might like to attend. Also you can enroll in sessions in the moment.
How to view your schedule
To view your schedule, click on the “My Schedule” tab in the navigation bar. You will only be able to join a session if it has started. If a session hasn’t yet started you can still review any support documents the speakers have uploaded.
How to join a session
- From the “My Schedule” tab in the navigation bar, you will see all of the sessions in which you have enrolled.
- At the time a session is set to start, a “Live Now” icon will appear at the top right of the screen. Press the orange “Join Now” button to join.
- A screen will open up allowing you to view the session. You can make your screen full size by clicking the icon at the top right-hand corner of the viewing screen.
- If you click “Minimize” at the bottom left hand corner of your screen, your view screen will pop out and you will be able to navigate around the conference platform while still viewing the session.
- Click “Restore” to restore the screen to its original size.
How to find session information and documents
Click on a session to view all of the information about it. Session details live in the “Description” section, and any additional resources will be found directly below in the “Documents” section. Click on the document to download it.
NOTE: You will only be able to see additional resources if you have enrolled in the session.
How to find posters and ask questions about posters
Poster sessions can be found by clicking on the “Sessions” tab in the navigation bar, then searching for Posters. You must enroll in the session to view the poster. You can connect with the poster presenters, who are listed under Speakers.
NOTE: Posters will be listed as having a specific date and time but are available to be viewed 24/7. To view the poster session content, first enroll in the session. Use the chat function in the session to ask questions or otherwise connect with the poster presenter.
How to access the Exhibit Hall
Access the Exhibit Hall by clicking on the “Exhibit Hall” tab in the navigation.
You can search for a specific exhibitor using the search bar, or filter exhibitors by category using the dropdown menu.
How to connect and chat with Exhibitors
Click on the blue “Contact Me” button to connect with the exhibitor. This is like sending a connection request on LinkedIn.
Click on “Chat with Company” to chat with the exhibitor.
You will receive a notification at the top of your screen when the exhibitor responds to your message.
We would love to know what you thoroughly enjoyed at On Aging 2021. Please use #OnAging2021 when you Tweet or post on social media throughout the conference.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.