Part of the Family Caregiver Support Series, sponsored by Home Instead Senior Care®
Includes complimentary CEUs
Caregiving can be an emotionally intense experience. Many caregivers experience negative feelings, which they may bury or deny. Doing this can lead to unhealthy emotional and physical states. If you are a caregiver, or work with someone who is, this web seminar will help identify the difficult feelings and emotions that can arise from caregiving, and offer solutions for dealing with them.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Learn about identity change theory;
- Understand the emotional impacts of family caregiving;
- Recognize the health impacts of family caregiving;
- Identify strategies to help caregivers cope; and,
- Recommend resources to family caregivers.
Lakelyn Hogan, MBA, is a strategic partnerships representative for Home Instead Senior Care, with a graduate certificate in Gerontology. And she is serving in her second year as the co-chair of the Nebraska State Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Dementia Care Conference.