Part of the Family Caregiver Support Series, sponsored by Home Instead Senior Care®
Includes complimentary CEUs*
Research conducted by Home Instead, Inc., franchisor of the Home Instead Senior Care® network, indicates that as the number of prescription medications a person (ages 70 or older) takes increases, so do challenges with medication management and potential health risks. Register for this web seminar to discover how medication can jeopardize an older adult’s health and independence. Learn about solutions that could help families and their older loved ones pinpoint potential threats and start the conversations that can potentially lead to effective solutions.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Identify the potential risks associated with medication mismanagement;
- Understand common medication challenges for older adults and signs to look for when medications are to blame for health issues;
- Recognize risks of common conditions that affect medication management;
- Help strengthen the role of the family in reducing the potential for medication risks; and,
- Learn more about resources to help families feel confident about keeping older adults safe at home.
Lakelyn Hogan, MBA, is a strategic partnerships representative for Home Instead Senior Care, with a graduate certificate in Gerontology. And she is serving in her second year as the co-chair of the Nebraska State Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Dementia Care Conference.
*This web seminar is approved for AoTA contact hours in addition to CEUs approved for all ASA web seminars.